• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts
  • LocationPoint of NO Return
  • Team:Team America
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Howl

Posted 06 January 2013 - 12:56 PM

I've looked and couldn't find any suggestion for this so I thought I'd bring it up here. If there was a thread with this suggestion already then I apologize but I didn't see it.

There seems to have been a mish-mash of begging and/or threatening emails the last 30 days in this game and I was wondering if admin would consider a 3 day or 10 to 15 level (or possibly higher) mail ban on New players.

I realize this would make it hard for new players to find a team to join but I am heartily fed up of new players joining the game and promply sending multiple mails either demanding to be let into my team or they will delete my account or begging me to give them my account and/or trying to suck me into buying non-existant donuts.

Its true that I myself am smarter than these conmen however i hate to think of these ppl possibly taking advantage of younger players.
Spoiler

#2 Druchii

Druchii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Character:Nifaturum

Posted 06 January 2013 - 01:25 PM

I find other mails just as annoying, like the people trying to recruit people for other games.

#3 Arcadia

Arcadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Team:Fliplife Avengers
  • Character:Arcadia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:26 PM

Banning new members from being able to use PM in the game will not solve a problem of this kind, it will only postpone it at best. Reaching level 15 takes a couple of days at most, and once a person is able to message other players in order to find a team - they will do it in exact same manner they would've a few days earlier. Taking away someone's resources does not change their character or behavior - the only way to solve this issue is to identify such individuals and report them to Support. It is within their power to deal with such people on your behalf :)

#4 Druchii

Druchii

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Character:Nifaturum

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:38 PM

Or a report player button on mails,
  • Howl and Denka like this

#5 Arcadia

Arcadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Character:Arcadia

Posted 06 January 2013 - 02:56 PM

Could do... We can report offensive posts or members on the Forum - being able to do the same in the game itself would be much easier and less time consuming than sending a ticket to the Support. Good thinking ;)
  • Diana1 likes this

#6 XKronosX

XKronosX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 January 2013 - 06:38 PM

Hi.
In my opinion it's only a small group of users creating a lot of new accounts. Most of the emails I get are level 4 or lower. I think they are mostly little kids but I would think of banning ips, not accounts.

+1 to report button.

#7 Howl

Howl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 07 January 2013 - 01:50 AM

A report button would be even better.

I made that post after i had been up several hours after I should have been in bed. Its just that I had hit that point where one more mail of those sorts prolly would have sent me screaming into the street!
Spoiler

#8 SetToKillTOMMY1

SetToKillTOMMY1

Advanced Member

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationNew Zeland
  • Team:Set To Kill
  • Character:TOMMY1

Posted 07 January 2013 - 02:33 AM

good idea but there is an option to ingnore them you will not hear form them again thats what i do as people like to apply more than once lol

Spoiler

#9 Howl

Howl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 27 posts

Posted 11 January 2013 - 09:31 PM

good idea but there is an option to ingnore them you will not hear form them again thats what i do as people like to apply more than once lol

It doesnt always work I had one person send me so many multi-mails that several actually got through my ignore and then when he was no longer able to contact me via that personage he made a new account and sent me some more mails.
Spoiler

#10 SzymoneqGruBass

SzymoneqGruBass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Character:SzymoneqYouTube - UK1 & UK2 & UK3

Posted 14 December 2020 - 07:13 PM

I like it

HERO-ZERO.png

Can you help me reaching my goal? Like my post!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users