#1 JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

JacetheMindsculptorBeleren

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • World:UK1
  • Character:Cricks5

Posted 12 August 2016 - 01:18 AM

This is an Ice Ray Academy series story which is the canon title of my fanfiction rping universe.

It was an extremely cold winter in North America that broke every known record for freezing temperatures. So cold in fact that many magical Fae beings that thrived in the cold temperatures awoke from hibernation after centuries of sleep and with this awakening, Ice Ray Academy sent forth Jayariel Drillowup and Corrine Daniels to guarantee that mortals who were unaware of these magical beings stayed safe.

Unknown though even to the Child Goddess Aphrael, a new threat had emerged as well. An ancient ice demon that unfortunately looked very much like The Abominable Snowman (Yeti) had awoken from its icy tomb that had enclosed it for the past million years in certain glacier wastelands and now it sought revenge on all warmblooded beings. 

Marit Lage was the term this demon had been referred to in legends and myths and it was a black shadow that generated such fear that the Neanderthals that first were terrorized so actually were forced to worship it with human sacrifices to keep from being eradicated as a race.

Now back then yeti and Bigfoot did exist and not like now were they seldom seen. Actually back then yeti and humans lived peacefully but unlike humans, these great mythical beasts were unafraid of Marit Lage for they knew it was unnatural and so they used their innate magic to seal away her at the beginning of the first great Ice Age.

So when Marit Lage awoke, it was only natural that yetis and sasquatches were the first targets of her eternal icy rage. In one vast calculated attack, she turned almost all of both entire races into icy golems and cursed them so they could only hunt non magical beings. Alpa was the only one to escape this cursed enchantment because she was not residing with any yeti packs at this time but beginning her travels around the world.

Shortly thereafter Jayariel and Corrine appeared in these cursed Realms of Nunavut, The Yukon and the Northwest Territories entirely unaware the demon resided in its lair at the North Pole. Rumors preceded their arrival of terrifying stories of slow ice covered beings that were feeding on the local Inuit tribes in Canada, Alaska and even in Siberia in Russia and they resolved to find a way to discover the truth.

Not long afterwards they came across the tracks of a teenage regular size Yeti and while Jayariel was familiar with this race as he was one of the few good Fae to have encountered them in in the decades after Lloth returned to Earth as he was assigned to the Himalayans to ensure good relations between humans and Yeti. Corrine however was not yet initiated into these same levels of knowledge and so understandably she still thought Yetis were cannibals who like Bigfoot fed on solitary travelers and other types of mammals.

"No Corrine," Jayariel said sensing her fears. "That what you speak of are the foolish notions of humans for the past few thousand years that originated in myth from what you have personally learned. But maybe there is a link between the myths you were raised on and the true stories I learned from this race personally as often we at the Academy have learned to our misfortune that nor everything in our lore we have recorded has been true.

"And if you are wrong?" she asked slowly and cautiously. "After all how do I know you have not been deceived as well?" This he knew was true, as since Jaegarjumi his panther friend had turned evil and cursed, he no longer was as certain of his personal knowledge of ancient races then he had been beforehand. "Very well Corrine for your sake we will attempt to capture this yeti so that your fears can be faced and our different philosophies on this matter settled once and for all." She agreed and the hunt was on!

Meanwhile Alpa had no idea she was being hunted. In her ignorance of being the only one of her race not cursed she had traveled long and far at a terrifying pace, only active at day never at night when most of her relatives were able to use their magic to avoid being captured except for local "legends" of apelike beasts being caught.. This enabled her to stay in safety but meant she was too young to know to hide her trail and after a few days she noticed a faint scent growing slowly stronger as winds one day blew a blizzard from behind her into northern Alberta near Edmonton. She constantly looked behind her but unfortunately even her strong race's eyesight was no match for the magic and ultraviolet vision of the Drow Ranger and female human witch.

"She seems lost," Corrine told Jayariel in the silent Drow hand language he had taught her in the decades since Lloth had returned. "Also is it not strange we have only encountered one yeti when you told me hundreds lived on our continent? Something must be terribly wrong for her to be running, almost as though she was trying to escape certain death." Jayariel thought on this for a little while. "Corrine you may be on to something. I lived for several years with Yetis in Asia and one of their legends was of a great Ice Demon that predated humanity on this planet/realm. For thousands of years it terrorized the precursors to humans until the yeti banded together and used their magic to force it into what was thought to be an eternal tomb at one of the Poles. But maybe this severe cold weather this winter has been cold enough to awaken it. Either way we should not treat her violently but with gentleness even as we capture her so she knows we mean her no harm. Unfortunately many humans have lost their lives trying to capture her race and her cousins known as Sasquatch and so we need to stay wary."

Deciding upon a plan one night as the yeti slept in an abandoned mine near the Crowsnest Pass between British Columbia and Alberta, Jayariel and Corrine knew that no matter what it was in their best interest to ensure that she was unhurt if at all possible. And so they would combine their own unique magical and innate abilities to safely bring her into their custody and get to the bottom of the incidents northward.

The next day as Alpa left the cave, Corrine used her Time Magic to subtly slow down her heart rate but at a safe pace so her mind would think she had not slept well the night before. Then Jayariel used his great speed and stealth to sneak up on her and used his innate ability to shroud her in Purple Drow fire. Now as most warmblooded beings have a natural fear of fire unless they are dragons or from the realm of fire, it was natural she thought she was under attack and as she tried to roll out the fake flames, Corrine combined her mastery of Time Magic with her enchanted duct tape which for this mission had been turned into snow tape so as to be camouflaged and it began to slowly wrap around Alpa but so as not to cause her discomfort. Within half an hour she was recovered from her scare and Jayariel was translating for Corrine in case Alpa did not speak English.

I hope this interests the members of this forum into wanting to post their own fanfiction. AngelicaSynn already has posted one story here and I know very well she is an excellent rper similar to me in terms of being highly productive.

#2 JanMoonieXXX

JanMoonieXXX

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 36 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands
  • Team:Resistance
  • World:UK3
  • Character:Worldwide Known Heroic Person

Posted 24 May 2020 - 01:16 PM

OMG!

I absolutely LOVED this!

Please Post More Soon!

• Ashie likes this

#3 SzymoneqGruBass

SzymoneqGruBass

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • LocationPoland
  • Team:Fliplife Avengers
  • World:UK1
  • Character:SzymoneqYouTube - UK1 & UK2 & UK3

Posted 10 December 2020 - 05:21 PM

Thats amazing story

HERO-ZERO.png

Can you help me reaching my goal? Like my post!

#4 st1waka

st1waka

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Team:Essence
  • World:UK5
  • Character:st1waka

Posted 19 September 2022 - 01:08 PM

Hello,

I really like the story. You have great and a large and developed imagination.

Best wishes,

Steven

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users