Could someone expalin me that

#2 lasse1999

lasse1999

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • World:UK1

Posted 14 June 2012 - 05:17 PM

you can only donate as many donuts as you have bought.
this is to prevent people from making accounts just to donate donuts to their team.
  • Mussum likes this

#3 Rafallol

Rafallol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 08:51 AM

Game let me donate 15 donuts even that I never buy them by real money
Now Im confused.
Could someome explain me haw that works?

#4 Maximum

Maximum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 03:36 PM

Some of the donuts you get are donatable (the ones you pay for, sometimes you also get them for rewards, which I think happend in your case) and some not (the ones you get in the beginning).
  • Chip likes this

#5 Rafallol

Rafallol

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 August 2012 - 10:22 AM

thank you for quick response :) but how to know which donuts are donatable and how many of them i have?

#6 Maximum

Maximum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 13 August 2012 - 01:19 PM

Thats a good question. I will try to find it out ;)

#7 Mussum

Mussum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Team:Earth Federation
  • Character:Mussum

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:02 PM

I was discussing with my team about the idea of letting players donate not bought donuts, and i think that could be interesting to see others opnion.
I think thats better not let it, because the way things are now is a protection to new players that don`t know yet how important donuts are in game and avoid the creating of fake pleyers just to donate their donuts (that are received at firsts deeds) to teams.
So, do you agree? No? Why?
Say what do you think about it.

Edited by Arcadia, 05 December 2012 - 07:28 PM.
Note: Both topics were merged

• mehdikhashen and maziarbahal like this

#8 mehdikhashen

mehdikhashen

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts
  • LocationIran
  • Team:The Lords
  • Character:mehdikhashen

Posted 31 August 2012 - 05:28 PM

i am agree with you and hero zero team please let us to donate own donuts. tnx
  • maziarbahal likes this

Spoiler

#9 bluehero

bluehero

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationIran
  • Team:persian cats
  • Character:bluehero

Posted 31 August 2012 - 06:59 PM

We Have to have this opportunity to donate our donuts. Hero Zero should not be going to be a game that you have to pay money for that .
  • Mussum likes this

Blue_Hero.jpg

#10 Mussum

Mussum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 31 August 2012 - 07:10 PM

I agree BlueHero but there has to be a way to avoid fake characters created just to donate donuts for teams

#11 ElArZ

ElArZ

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 September 2012 - 12:44 PM

I agree BlueHero but there has to be a way to avoid fake characters created just to donate donuts for teams

Simple. Only players above level 20 can donate donuts.

#12 Mussum

Mussum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 02 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Simple. Only players above level 20 can donate donuts.

It can be a solution, maybe even at higher levels, such as 50.

#13 davo1

davo1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts
  • LocationCzech Republic
  • Team:World War
  • Character:davo1

Posted 04 September 2012 - 02:21 PM

It would be great for players , but creators profit will go down then ...
Everybody will have multiaccounts . Nobody will donate bought donuts in teams ...
No , because creators won't do it ...
  • Mussum likes this

#14 Arcadia

Arcadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Team:Fliplife Avengers
  • Character:Arcadia

Posted 04 September 2012 - 05:17 PM

I agree with Davo1 on this one. Sure it would be easier if we could donate whichever donuts we have, but he is right in pointing out this would cause more problems than it's worth ;] Good Post Mussum, love everybody's opinions on this matter!
  • Mussum likes this

#15 Irutan

Irutan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 05 September 2012 - 02:01 PM

Hello, i'm a recent Hero coming from Kongregate, and we are also discussing this issue.
According to a google doc from our german counterparts, to upgrade a team with quarter lvl 25 and rest 50/50, you require 10400 donuts. That's over 750 dollars and it's not even with complete quarter! Sure it's doesn't seems much if every member contribute, but good luck finding people ready to pay their part in the team, it would still be over 20$ each.

This struck me as a suprise, because among all other F2P flash based multiplayer games, Hero Zero was for me the fairest in terms of paying system. Everything you can use donuts for is optional (more energy if you don't want to pay coins, finish missions instantly, better boosters, more washing/sewing, etc.) But it's all optional,it doesnt matter that much! All other F2P usually say the same, but the content is usually very limited/impossible to do without paying something. And I really liked Hero Zero because it gave us that choice! And it even throws a bunch of free donuts through deeds and occasional reward.Just awesome. Then you get into a team and hit the brick wall with steel spikes dipped in poison, face first. If a team wants to be donuts free, it will always be doomed to be bottom-mid ranked and will never have a chance to beat the paying teams. Hence this idea I had:

WARNING: Incoming wall of text

To allow donuts-free teams a chance of being competitive, and to keep in the spirit of the rest of Hero Zero( as in paying stuff is optional) I suggest that donuts won from teamfights should be given the same status as a bought donut. The developers obviously can make the diference between free donut and bought donut, so this change should be easy, just give the "bought" status to a donut won on a teamfight.

For this idea to be valid for the players, and not just a gimmick to placate the crowd, players that win an attack have a certain chance (10-20%) of winning a "bought" donut. Defending players that manage to win would always get a "bought" donut. This would be because an attacking team usually attacks weaker targets, and managing to defend successfully should award the defending team. When you manage to defend against a stronger team, just because they had less people than you in the fight, you feel really good to have active teammates. Alone you're weak but in an active team you can be strong kind of feeling.

Which brings me to my final argument: in my opinion, this system doesn't encourage multi-accounts, as that would not result in an increase of available donuts for the team. On the contrary, this system would reward active teams that manage to beat the odds by attacking and defending successfully and only team members that participate in those attacks would be rewarded. The numbers I presented could be changed of course, I presented these because the total of donuts needed to upgrade a team is huge, and you can only attack/defend once a day. As this could result in an increase of donuts in the population, adjusting the numbers would be up to the developers, but I think that, with this system, just giving non paying players a chance to slowly upgrade the team would be good and, as it is in the rest of Hero Zero, if you're in that much of a hurry to upgrade, you can always spends some bucks on donuts! ;)

I rest my case, thank you for your attention, if you actually just read everything I wrote, congratulations, you can give yourself a cookie!
  • lasse1999, Chip, Mussum and 2 others like this

#16 Arcadia

Arcadia

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 220 posts
  • Team:Fliplife Avengers
  • Character:Arcadia

Posted 05 September 2012 - 08:13 PM

I just ate my cookie, and have certainly loved the read! Very well written indeed ;] Curious idea as well...

#17 Intefina

Intefina

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Team:Almost Avengers
  • Character:Intefina

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:29 AM

+1 on
Irutan's idea they could also name them Team Donught with the same properties as bought ones :P

#18 Maximum

Maximum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 06 September 2012 - 11:39 PM

Creative thinking! I will forward your suggestions to the developers team!

The HZ team said it is a very interesting idea and they are trying to consider it.

Edited by Skywalker, 15 May 2014 - 04:58 PM.
Please do not double posts, use the edit button instead

• Mussum likes this

#19 Phan

Phan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Character:Phan

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

Instead of free donuts (programmers need to get paid...) why not a team donation box!
If every player donates the 145 donuts from the starter package and 8.5€ to the team donation box, the team would be able to maximize everything for a cost of 400€ instead of the 750€ informed before and couldn't even improve everything.
Of course they would need to improve Quarters 1st to get 30 members willing to donate donuts and to the team box, but still a much cheaper way to fully improve the team.

#20 flabby

flabby

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts
  • Locationcranleigh
  • Character:flabby

Posted 20 November 2012 - 04:31 PM

How come u cant donate donuts that u dont buy to the team
  • Mcvandel likes this